Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Shock and Awe

The date went alright. Horribly, actually, but I'm still alive, so everything's cool.

About two minutes into the thing I started trying to think of a way to make the girl go away. We're at the apartment, and she's babbling, doing a great impression of every other girl who likes Yo La Tengo and The Unicorns in the entire world. And I guess I'm being charming, which is funny, because I can never charm the people I want to charm, only the people I hate.

We had a drink or two, went for two good long walks. The walking part was good. I can't really talk unless I'm walking, and I find most other people can't either.

So she stuck around, and it seemed impolite to just say: "I find you boring, please leave". It is possible that my standards are set way too high, as they require that a girl be completely fucking awesome, and I would guess that only 1 girl in 15 or so comes close to matching that requirement. Really, those are my standards for everything, so I don't think it's unfair to apply them to the world of dating.

And now I need to find some way to get this girl the hell out of my apartment. I could really use a good cup of coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home