Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Phone Call from Last Night

[phone rings]

Ben: Elizabeth!
Elizabeth: Ben!
B: What's n-
E: Were you just having sex?
B: Nope. Why did you think I was with someone?
E: OH. I just had a feeling. Just before I called, I thought to myself "Ben's having sex with someone right now".
B: If I was fucking, I promise I'd take a break to talk to you.
E: Thanks.

[Rest of conversation as usual]

I forgot to bring my copy of Portrait of a Lady home this weekend, which means I probably won't have the book finished in time for class on monday. On the other hand, I'm really enjoying Steinbeck's Cannary Row. Read Of Mice and Men a few weeks ago, and the comparison is interesting. I really like seeing him develop and discard techniques, makes me feel better about my own writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home