Monday, October 30, 2006

I Talk Alot

From a recent email sent to young Elizabeth:

The weather's really good here and stuff. Sunday was stupendous, like, you could have been walking around in a t-shirt or something. But I was inside working, because my boss likes to felate sea-lions. Have you seen any sea-lions in California? Interesting fact: male sea-lions chose their mates by clubbing them over the top of the head and dragging them back to their area of the beach. Isn't that fucked up? I remembered that when I went to see the aquarium on Friday and we were looking at the sea-lions, and all I could think was "hey, asshole, next time try flowers. Then maybe you won't be living in a goddamn plastic cage. Asshole." Except, in my mind I yelled that last "asshole", like the guy from A Fish Called Wanda when he drives on the wrong side of the road in England.

You should come back to A-town. We are all very friendly here, and apparently really enjoy Halloween. I mean seriously, every fucking time I take the train, every goddamn whitey is wearing a costume. It's pretty all right. It's funny though, because it makes the normal black/white, lower/middle class, rides MARTA everyday/only rides to the airport or baseball games gap even more pronounced. A sort of way of shouting to the world "look at me! I have enough money to spend massive amounts of time finding paying for and putting on a costume, just so I can take it off in a few hours!". I mean, it's not like the costume wearers intend to say that, but it seems to exist anyway.

I think I got diverted from why you should come back to Atlanta.

Are you doing that modeling thing the night you come back? Are you wearing a costume on the plane? Want to stay up late and drink hot chocolate on Wednesday? People keep getting better, and I think I have at least 5 on my list of people you should meet. Also, camping?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home