Monday, November 13, 2006

Hobo Whisperer

Inner'esting thing about working near the park: random homeless stop by to chat and try to cadge free food. I ended up spending the last 15 minutes before closing talking to this really tall semi-retarded bum. Could have been my age, maybe younger, and I was telling him how long he'd have to walk to reach the Ponce shelter. Surreal's the word we're looking for, especially because the conversation was better than many I've had at Oglethorpe.

Topics:

Why he wants to buy the restaurants around where I work and change their names to better suit them (ex: Flying Biscuit becomes The Cafe, Subway becomes The Submarine Sandwich Shop)

Why he was kicked out of (some random non-ATL area county)

Why his mom's weight loss pills aren't working


The store closed, I gave him a smoothie, and he scampered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home