Saturday, November 04, 2006

Concerts and Wind

The Mountain Goats were pretty fucking amazing. Songs about weeds and highways and tables, but in a good way. Then wandering around the city at night for a bit, looking for food, getting in a shouting match with random guy across street, and eventually the Majestic, which was as these sorts of places should be.

I'm trying for good words to describe the night, and I blame the only 3ish hours of sleep on not being able to find any.

Je vais essayer:

I remember earlier in the day, at work, thinking to myself something like "we're waiting around until we die" - an idea which I try to slip my brain around, and argue with myself about every so often. So I was thinking that, but not in a bad way.

From there, a few minutes later, I got to that question "if you could chose between living your life as normal, or taking a single moment of perfect happiness and repeating it until death, which would you chose?" Of course, I'm a living life as normal guy. But I was thinking about it again later in bed, sharing an ipod headphone and waiting for the covers to warm up, and that moment there, thinking and being warm only on one side of my body and sort of swimming in the parts of the concert I wasn't aware of until hours afterwards, that moment would be one that I could consider living forever in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home