Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Rebuttal

Like the noble hedgehog, Zack has emerged from his dark home, blindly stumbling into things and fucking with my man Aristotle. Zack's unhappy because a book written 2500 years ago is hard for him to read, and he's having some sort of trouble figuring out why Aristotle is better than him.

I'll make it simple.

Aristotle depicts an ideal society. He believes people can change themselves, becoming better than their base natures. Is this an unreasonable belief? When I was four, I couldn't do division. Now I can. Couldn't I improve my nature in the same way?

Your theory of humans as complex animals is fucking bullshit. While humans are animals, we have a few advantages over your average hyena, like a concept of past and future. I'm not saying we don't share the same traits as animals, but our ability to deny immediate pleasure for future benefit gives us a bit of a boost, as far as creating a virtuous society.

And that's why I'm not typing this sitting drunk in a pool of pudding, masturbating furiously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home