Thursday, January 26, 2006

Trivia

Fuck. I fucking hate sitting at tables for any amount of time longer than 45 minutes. I don't understand how people manage to enjoy themselves at these fucking trivia things. I can't imagine the type of people who schedule their lives around something as boring as trivia night, or any type of weekly dinner/bar thing.

Why should I pay money to hear shitty songs and boring questions for two hours? It's like driving an hour (round trip) to be beaten with a spatula by a large, angry, fat man. Besides the horribleness of trivia night in general, why would anyone eat at these restaurants? The food is boring and overpriced.

Example:

1 bowl of "potato" soup
1 glass of water

total price: $6.00 (including tip)

I've tasted better soup from a can! Hell, I've even managed to make better soup than I just ate, with portion sizes three times greater than what I was served!

This restaurant business is the greatest fucking scam in the world.


Is this what we'll be like 15 years from now? Mindless office drones, forced to choose between the loneliness of married life and the brutal mindless stupidity of this idiotic trivia night?

I looked at the people around me tonight, and I realized that everyone of us was dying, getting closer to death as we wasted our lives in the equivalent of a fucking cave.

Why should we let ourselves die quietly? Why not change, do whatever it takes to be or do something?

Fear of change isn't even a factor in this question. When the consequences for failure are so great, I would rather silence all inner or outer objections than live another minute like those poor bastards stuck in that eternal trivia night.

4 Comments:

Blogger OOKKI-SAN! said...

i hear echoes of brittish wisdoms. masturbation much?
z out

11:57 PM  
Blogger Fifth said...

I'm not so sure about that. I spent a year out of college doing white collar stuff, and I can think of at lest ten things I would rather do after work than trivia night.

(and "flogging the bishop" doesn't even enter the top ten)

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got it, Amy. Apparently some people have no sense of humor. Maybe she should spend some time with the "middle-aged wanna-be DJs". They always make me happy.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Fifth said...

???

Such controversy!

I assume Leia is mocking my angst?

We may have to call this argument a draw. Perhaps we can agree that misery and loneliness are in human existence?

I may write more, but I have whiskey and Smith to tangle with now.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home