Thursday, February 16, 2006

Information Wants To Be Free

I was going to write something about differences between men and women, but it wasn't really making sense.

The basics:

Women tend to avoid revealing problems, even when it is evident that a problem exists. I'm not sure why. I imagine a poker player holding her cards close to her chest so spectators can't look over her shoulder, without realizing that the cards themselves are transparent.

For some reason, this only applies to problems related to emotion and thought. I remember speaking with a girl one night, and hearing numerous details about her life, like child abuse and an abortion while she was still a teen. She never really spoke about how she felt, she just described the events, as if she assumed that I would be able to understand how these events effected her.

I don't know about you, but I'm not that psychic.

Men however, seem eager to speak about emotions, but tend to avoid revealing traumatic events.

I'm not sure why this is, but it seems to run contrary to the normal stereotype.


I was thinking about this because I realize that many of my friends have hilariously complicated secret lives. And I've learned a billion little secrets today.

Is this tell Ben your secret day?

I hope so.

PS: On campus late tonight, we should go for a walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home