Thursday, February 16, 2006

Can't Sleep the Clowns Will Eat Me...

So, you've all had trouble getting to sleep at some point, right? You're lying there, and sleep almost seems like a trick you forgot, as if you suddenly found you couldn't swim or ride a bike or even walk. You remember the basic motions of sleep, getting into bed, turning off lights, closing eyes, and finally lying motionless.

But, it's as if a barrier prevents your consciousness from actually moving between the state of life and sleep.



This may be where our experiences differ, because I generally have two possible responses at this point:

I either quietly panic, and end up lying in bed thinking of the number zero with my eyes closed, or just say fuck it, and start wandering until I get sleepy. I managed to get all the way around Piedmont Park and wander as far as City Hall East using this method once.

Zack knows how the shit goes down.

6 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I'm the worst insomniac I know...I often can't get to sleep because I can't turn my brain off -- my interior monologue just won't shut the fuck up.

Try drugs or reading, or a combination of both.

1:59 PM  
Blogger OOKKI-SAN! said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Fifth said...

Always with the drugs! Damnit, I live healthy - whiskey is my only sleep aid.

5:52 PM  
Blogger David said...

I really meant over-the-counter sleep aids.

Alcohol really isn't good for sleep, because it makes you sleepy for a few hours and then has a rebound effect.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Fifth said...

I heard about these seratonin pills recently, aparently they stabalize your sleep cycle.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always with the drugs! Damnit, I live healthy - whiskey is my only sleep aid.

-blinks- Ben...that was the Zackiest thing you have ever said. Hehe, yay a new word.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home