Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Drrrrrrrrrunk... 2nd Version

I’m restless, so I’m writing a bit. Think of it as taking a walk, except only applying to my brain.

I personally enjoy drinking because it gives me a bit of a vacation from the ol' brain pan. Not that I always need a vacation, but I tend to worry about certain things, like talking to people, the impression I give - all that confidence bullshit. It's not that drinking changes my personality, just that it keeps my mind too confused to worry about what I'm doing, I'm generally just watching what I do, and laughing about it half-a-second later.

Now, a certain short friend of mine, Stu, tends to spin the emotional wheel when he drinks. If he's lucky, he'll get jolly and enjoy himself. However, he generally hits the bankrupt triangle of the emotional wheel, gets a bit depressed, clams up, and ends up regretting things in the morning. I don't know why he drinks. It might make more sense when I'm sober.

I forgot that I should be writing about the meaning of Life. However, if drinking puts our mind in an “unnatural” state, and life can be defined as a “natural” state, what does it mean when you drink to escape “nature”, escape life? I don’t think the thought behind the decision to drink can be classified as escapist or suicidal, but it does imply that the inclination to escape a natural thought pattern is normal. That is, assuming anything that the majority of a population does is normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home