Thursday, August 17, 2006

More Books

Just picked up a good handful of books from this roadside used bookstore:

Bill Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury" - American authors are next on my list, after South American. I just read the first few sentences of this thingy. Badass.

Graham Greene's "21 Stories" - looks like short story collection. I've heard good things about Greene, especially "Brighton Rock", which I still haven't been able to find.

Robert Shea and Robert Wilson's "Illuminatus! Trilogy" - Sort of a cult classic sci-fi/conspiracy book. Highly recommended for any kids named Jeremy.

Jean Genet's "The Thief's Journal" - More of an impulse buy. From back cover description, "The Thief's Journal is Jean Genet's autobiography. It covers the period when he was a prostitute to sailors, and a thief. He lived in the Barcelona slums and then wandered over Central Europe, slipping across borders and in and out of innumerable jails. He was one of a brotherhood of beggars and his friends and lovers were thieves and pimps. This shocking book is the story of his life in the lowest depths of humanity." Seems cool. The copy's falling apart, but I have a feeling I'll be passing it around to all my word loving friends.

Why does this cafe smell like a cat's litter box?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home