Friday, July 21, 2006

Late Words

Did you know that the guy who directed "Y tu Mama Tambien" also directed "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakhban"?

Feeling bored bored bored.

Everything's going to line up as planned until New York, where I may be dissapointed in the long run but enthralled for at least a few days.

And then school. I'll probably shift a bit this way and that. Taking a lit class with someone who's apparentally pretty cool. No Creative Writing, thanks. French. That should push things along.

Yes, pushing things along. I'm probably moving towards something. I imagine I'll be much bald-er by the time I reach it. So, no hurry. Plod plod plod.

And then I'll spend sections of my life teaching, off time trying to publish a book until I get discouraged or succeed - same basic thing. If I write the book, I'm happy. Everything else is glitter, as we see by browsing the bookstore.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it going -

I am still in Japanland. If you will be in New York mid-late August, I may be at my family's apartment on 91st and Madison / hellhole #1/ partyhole / people like to disrespect it house, or at the chelsea / underworld / hellhole # 2 (which may actually be hellhole #1 ) with a cousin from Brunswick. I grew up in the city, and I love playing hostess. So if you enjoy obnoxious high school parties and shallow frivolous behavior and illicit activities, just send me a message via aim and we can talk: JMG5765.
I did not know that about the director of Y Tu Mama Tambien and that is one of my favourite movies.

- Johannah MG

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I mentioned this before, but ... while I do not enjoy being sucked into the blogosphere, it is all encompassing. It is a crying shame.

JMG

11:31 AM  
Blogger Fifth said...

That sounds real cool. I promise I'll IM you in the future, but I'm almost never on the thing and don't really trust it.

I should be New York-ish August 16th through 26th with my friend Stu.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright...keep in touch if you need anything. Have a great summer and good luck with your novel!

JMG

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home