Sunday, February 12, 2006

Behold the Power of Booze:

I'm about to type some random thoughts. They are affected by something between level 3 and level 4 drunkenness (scale of 1-5, over 5 being blackout level). Isn't it strange how people band together for set events, like homecoming, but their behavior in these events deviates from the norm? I wonder what percentage of people choose to deviate from norm, and what percentage use outside influences like booze and various drugs to set themselves in a mental state which allows deviation? Do you feel like that sometimes? Like you are conciously changing your brain patterns in order to participate in something? The change can be artificially based, or simpily some sort of "psyching up". I mean, my basic understanding of other people is based on my observations; namely, the most powerful motivational forces within peoples are lonlyness, understanding of the impermenant nature of pretty much fucking everything, and some shit that I haven't really decided on which is probably based on some sort of peer pressure type thing. I dunno, peer pressure is a bit of a sketchy term - there must be some originating force which makes us succeptable to peer pressure. I guess it could be loneliness. But isn't loneliness also a taught mind set? If only we lived in Roussaueoue's universe. Did you read that part in Roussaueouaues's paper where he used the physical features of animals to back up some argument? I thought it was hilarious how they had added a footnote which baldly stated the falsity of his claim. It's hard to respect a person who doesn't really do their basic research, but I think there' s validity to some of Rouseashead's ideas. I guess they could broadly be interpreted as some sort of argument against straight humanism, or at least conventional definitions of humanism. I dunno, I've always been a fan of Sagan, if he says something is cool, I'm generally down with it. [You may have realized by this point that my writings here don't follow a particular logic. I would suggest an embrace of this fact, and perhaps the creation of a drinking game based on mispellings. It actually works pretty well, because the mispellings should decrease as I move towards sobriety.] Anyway, I sometimes get the idea that our actions are based on a meme/group perception, rather than actual logic. Then I worry about the general aplicability of logic. I mean, you've read about chaos theory, right? That shit is fucking bonkers! It is sending my soft liberal arts edjucated brain for a loop! Is the absence of contrations a good thing or a bad thing? One minute, I've gotta call a guy about food. I may be at the majestic. Shit. My plan didn't work. Now I will starve to death. I'm gonna make some foods, and hopefully that will equal relative sobriety plus ending of long random message. I guess I didn't really reach my main point, but you'll probably get their, assuming I tossed ahead a rational breadcrumb path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home