Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Haute Couture (sp?)

The concert was cool. There were shenanigans, and I may need to break Zack's kneecaps some time in the future. Perfected new pick up technique, in my mind at least. It is hilarious.

My favorite thing of the night - 2 indie guys standing a foot or two apart, both wearing those retarded jackets, with hair in front of eyes cut, slightly used bell bottomy jeans, converses (it is converse, right?), and identical rolypoly indie girlfriends.

My brain was laughing so hard, I almost couldn't hear the music.

It's hilarious how certain trends begin as individuals trying to promote something unique about themselves (even if that unique quality is clothing), and end as faceless peoples buying mass produced knock-offs. I hear the same thing happened with the hippy scene back in the 60's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Abernathy said...

What's a rolypoly girlfriend?

3:12 PM  
Blogger Fifth said...

In this case, chubby teenager trying so hard to be part of a "scene" that it hurts. Typically seen wearing hair in front of eyes and piercings.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home