Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I Think This Writing Thing is Working

I was reading The Art of the Novel, by Milan Kundera, and he mentioned this cool Dante quote:

"In any act, the primary intention of the one who acts is to reveal his own image"

Spiffy, eh?

That gave me a few ideas for Sky and Castle, which I've copied from the scrap paper I grabbed and scribbled on:

The dreamer dreams intentionally, castle is purposeful construct.

Elements outside dream are unintentional? Father?

A slight reworking of intro, maybe description of falling asleep, hands grasp...

Because the castle is intentional, it does not necessarily symbolize interaction between father and son.

Write more! Central keep! Furnishings? Well?


Itching for comments, even from dirty silent Russians/tall people/Ooki motherfuckers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Abernathy said...

Is that Kundera working out for you?

2:31 AM  
Blogger Fifth said...

Yeah, slowly. I've got to read it on the dl, between school stuff.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home